Monday, February 1, 2010

On The Road Again























2010 Sundance Film Festival is in the Books!!!

Wow, 10 days packed with busy excitement! A big thank you to all the Burns team members that made this years festival a success.

Highlights of this years festival include;

Joey and Rory, country music 2009 ACM nominees for new duo of the year came into our shop on Saturday the 30th, Joey bought a new custom shirt of ours to wear for a photo shoot for their new album. They sang two songs for us, the "Boot Song" and their new hit, Cheater, Cheater; I am still in awe at Joey's incredible voice. Alan Michael leather designer was our feature artist the last weekend of Sundance, Joey tried on many of Alan's beautiful leather jacket creations, she looked simply breathtaking. I have never witnessed anyone that adored his wife like Rory does Joey, he resonates love towards her with every gaze.

Joey and Rory are down to earth, true country living, friendly, super talents. A fan of theirs came in and told them of his wish to be a Nashville star they gave their time to him as he sang one of his original songs titled "My Life is a Country Song" as they watched with encouragement. Then Rory took the guys guitar as crowds gathered around in our little Burns Cowboy Shop while Joey and Rory sang us two toe tapping songs, all the while I am taping them on my new flip camera.(If I can figure out how to down load them I will have them on my blog this week, also YouTube and our website).

Fred Gibbon Lucchese's boot designer was in the shop a few days for the festival, we designed some kick ass boots!

Lady Antebellum also came in, I was invited to a private concert party of theirs by PC TV, I gave the tickets to one of my team members Chancine who is crazy about them I walked down to the venue and got there too early and as good luck would have it I got into the hardest to get into gig of the 2010 Sundance, a live performance by The Fray! Their music producer got me in with him, I smile at my good fortune!

Film producers, directors, actors, top fashion and costume designers, musicians, and film patrons all graced our door this year, all commenting about our cool "Cowboy Shop", many going home with leather treasures from our store.

I had a wonderful time meeting amazing people from all over the world, all gathering in this fun, Utah resort town named Park City.

The snow is set on perfect for skiing and boarding now, Hollywood now heads home as ski lovers move in as another film festival comes to a close.

This week Braydan and Jake come up and load product for Scottsdale Arabian show, as the Burns team gears up for another big event. I am hopeful for one day off this week to do laundry and have a nap:-)!!!

Happy Trails,

Danna

No comments: