Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy 31st Braydan

31 years ago on the 31st of January 1979 at 11:36 AM I became a Mom. Braydan Scott Shaw was born 3 weeks early, since that day he arrives early for everything!

Braydan is the 6th generation owner of Burns Saddlery, Braydan totally amazes me, from the time he was a small boy I knew he was gifted, the school confirmed it when he was tested in the first grade, he tested highest in the district in many subjects.

In school not only did he receive straight A's he excelled in athletics. The basketball team Braydan played center on won state three times, his senior year North Sevier's football team had a perfect season and Braydan playing defensive end was awarded all region for his great ability to sack the quarter back.

Sounds like I am a bragging Mother, of course I am!!!

Braydan graduated high school with high honors, he received the Sterling Scholar for business not only at NSHS but region as well. As I look back I am astonished what an amazing, dedicated kid he was. Braydan has always done his very best, and unlike his mother he does it humbly.

After high school Braydan was the first of all 6 generations to get a degree, he finished his associates in one year where he worked for Burns on the weekends, and after finishing school came to work for Burns full time in 1998.

Marrying his high school sweetheart Misty, they both worked for Burns either in the store or on the road with our mobile stores. They have 3 beautiful daughters which of all their accomplishments rank highest!

I am a very proud Mom, Braydan always strives to be the best, he is patient, smart, funny, and accommodating to everyone. I am very proud to have him in my life, I learn so much from him and receive inspiration to become a better person because of his example.

Anyone who knows Braydan respects him for the kind of person he is, he truly makes a positive difference not only in our company as President, but in the lives of all his family members, friends, and co-workers. He is a remarkable human being.

I give thanks daily for the gift he is in my life.

Happy 31st Braydan, I love you,

Mom

No comments: