Thursday, February 18, 2010

Zen Horse

"Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your
ability to stay with it longer than anyone else."
— Brian Tracy: Self-help author and speaker

How true!!! Our family business has been outfitting the cowboy since 1876, 134 years! I never realized what an asset age is until I had many birthday's myself.

We have been in the cowboy business for almost as long as there's been cowboys!

My great-great Grandpa made work harness' and saddles, his son my Grandpa, made saddles and pik-pockets(storage pouch for pick ups) his son my Father made saddles and he and my mother Donna invented the Indian Blanket Seat Covers for vehicles, and now my son Braydan (sixth generation) is over our current saddle shop, where he works with 8 saddle makers designing saddles, tack, and our custom hats.

I being the 5th generation personally knew/know 5 of the six generations; now that's cool!!! My contribution being the first female was of course clothing, accessories, and fun fashionable boots.

All prior generations supplied cowboy products of necessity, I design and like to help create product for the recreational cowboy and cowgirl as well as the corporate fashion cowboy/cowgirl.

My roots are deep in this cowboy business, they say it's in my blood, I say, I love being a cowgirl and representing the western lifestyle business.

Yes we have been at it awhile, we are a real cowboy family, with real cowboy roots, living the cowboy dream. That is an asset!

Happy Lifelong, Trails,

Danna

No comments: