Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tipsy Tuesday

"The biggest mistake that you can make is to believe that you are
working for somebody else. Job security is gone. The driving
force of a career must come from the individual. Remember:
Jobs are owned by the company; you own your career!"
— Earl Nightingale: Was a motivational speaker and author, a radio personality, and the co-founder of Nightingale-Conant


I chose my Tuesday Tip from one of my mentors, Earl Nightingale, Earl's audio book Lead the Field and The Strangest Secret are two of my favorites.

I have hired and worked with scores of individuals, each have their own unique personalities, I enjoy working with people that have confidence, they work on improving themselves and their skills, they desire to learn and do their best, their fun to work with and your glad when their on the schedule, they are willing to do what it takes to get the job done successfully, together we divide and conquer tasks, masterminding future projects getting ahead of potential problems by forecasting, working together creating the best results.

We spend more time with co-workers than we do with most of our family members, a career is where most of us will spend the majority of our time, we must mean something to the companies we work for and they must mean something to us if either have a chance to succeed.

I love what I do, and I do what I love, and I am fortunate to be able to do it with people I enjoy, it has not always been that way, it took me changing to accomplish that. I am appreciative for all those that have chosen to make a career with our companies, working together we grow both personally and professionally.

Happy Career Trails,

Danna

No comments: