Friday, June 26, 2009

Zen Horse

My blog today is a combination of Monday's, On the Road Again and today's Zen Horse. I missed Monday's spot because the road was leading me to the Boulder Mountain to ride for 3 days with my wonderful Zen Horse friend Celia.

We go through a life of relationships, parents, siblings, spouses, and friends, if your full of great fortune you have good relationships with each of them. If you are really lined up you get to meet and become dear friends with someone like Celia Snow.

I met Celia 5 years ago when another wonderful friend M'Recia invited me to ride with her and some friends. From the moment I first saw her I was in awe. This lady is PURE 100% COWGIRL! Well I should say this lifetime, one of her past lifetimes she had to be an Indian Princess or Sacajawea herself.

We usually ride mules just to add more adventure, however this time she took pity on me and loaned me a new mount a 17 year old gray mare. How appropriate for me:-) I ain't what I used to be either!

The Boulder Mountain is one of the many common loves we share. Two women camping, exploring dessert canyons, finding cool rocks, star gazing with constellation charts, laying on our backs watching clouds, and campfire stories both past and future. Bird watching with binoculars, stopping along the trail to photograph the perfect dessert rose in peak bloom. Pulling out flower books to search for a new flower, total amercement into nature. Sounds like 3rd graders.! She did read and gift me with a children's book about greeting the Sun.

I love to get up and greet and give thanks to the incredible energy that unconditionally shines on the whole, no matter your race, religion, or background, on Wednesday morning on the Boulder mountain I witnessed the second most beautiful sunrise of my life.

Celia is a trail blazer, she gets her maps out and knows there is other ways in and out of these rugged areas. The trails this ride were gentle in Celia's standards, no jumping up or off any cliff's, no crossing rivers you can't see the bottom on, no teetering off 2 foot shell ledges. Just perfect weather, perfect mountains and red rocks all appreciated over a cold beverage and wood smoke.

Celia is truly amazing, fearless, yet soft, adventurous, and compassionate, she is a wonderful mentor and TRUE friend. Her home is filled with cowboy treasures, both new and old. So tasteful in both dress and decor. Her love for the Native American is evident in her jewelry and treasured Indian Doll collection.

I am truly blessed to have a friend to share these amazing adventures with, my Zen Horse Friend, Celia Snow. (Jumps Off Mules).


Happy Trails,

Danna
(Stands on Wrong Side of Fence)

No comments: