Sunday, June 21, 2009

Inspire Me

Fathers Day 2009.

Fathers Day is always bittersweet for me. I lost my Dad in 1988 after a short painful 2 month stint with cancer. He was not only my Dad but was my boss and friend. We spent everyday together either working at the store or traveling watching the race horses he loved. My Dad was legendary for having fun!

His fearless sense of adventure was incredible. He taught me to love the mountains, deserts, horses, fishing, camping, boating, skiing, all types of sports and just living life to the fullest.

I had to grow some emotional muscle instantly, pull up my boot straps and carry on. He left big boots to fill. His personal legend lives on with Burns Saddlery, his race horse lines that are now being shown by his granddaughters as top barrel racing bloodlines, many trails still remain in the mountains with his unique signature on the aspen trees.

Appreciation feels my heart for the opportunity to have been raised by a father full of adventure and a zest to experience all aspects of life.

Gratitude also for my husband Scott who truly is the best father and grandfather I have ever known.

Happy Fathers Day to all Dad's you truly make a difference in all our lives.

Danna

No comments: