Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tipsy Tuesday

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Dale Carnegie (American lecturer, author, 1888-1955)

I was a big approval seeker, I thought my reputation depended on it. A few years ago I read Carnegie's words, I decided it did not matter my reputation, the only thing I should be concerened about is my character.

Since that time of reading Carnegie I catch myself approval seeking, and smile. Recongnition of it simply helps the need for the approval to float away.

We all like others to approve of what we are doing, but we can get caught up in our reputation, giving strength to our ego and weaking our character.

Love what you are doing no matter what others think of it.

My tip this St. Patty's Day,

Danna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danna,
I follow your blog on a daily basis. I want you to know that this one really touched me.... Because it is me. I am one that has always wanted the approval
I have done things in my past that I am so embarrassed of. Things that I will never forget, and neither will others. I do want to tell you that I have looked up to you for years, you are a very STRONG women. I am so impressed with your writing. HAGD!