Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dream Big

When you think at that moment that it is possible...then the magic starts.

When I read that sentence my mind went back to those times when I knew it was possible.

Business transactions, personal challenges, physical challenges, mental challenges, that seemed insurmountable until I added desire and banished my doubts.

I remember that feeling of magic, when I stayed focused and knew it was possible.

A few examples are.

Getting a loan for a new 13,000 square foot store in 1983 when interest was at a all time high of 16%. But materials and labor was at a all time low, helping us build the building for half the price of low interest rate times. Building it, moving into it, not knowing if we would have the funds to support such a big operation but doing it anyway.

Blackhawk Arena, just a idea, turned into a desire, turned into a reality in 1992. I remember the very night when I thought my God were really going to get this.
Just this past year putting together a 3rd proposal for expansion on the arena, hearing all the doubters, still staying focused on what I wanted, the magic moment hit as I sold the project knowing that nothing less but full funding would satisfy me.

Park City new store, last April I walked the street, found the perfect building, it wasn't available, kept my focus on what I wanted, prices over the top. Doubts crept in, went back to the reasons I wanted the store, desire came back. Magically building became available, owners wanted to sell, building wouldn't appraise, let go of my attachment and looked at other buildings, owners decided to lease, signed contract Sept. 2nd. Moved Oct 6th. Cut Ribbon November 13th.

Anything is possible, keep thinking it is, then the magic starts.

Doing what I love, and loving what I do in Park City Utah!

Danna

No comments: