Sunday, August 17, 2008

INSPIRE ME

Inspire Me
Bertrand Russell said...that fear is one of the main sources of cruelty. To
Conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross said, "Fear and guilt are the only enemies of man."

And Franklin Roosevelt famously said, "We have nothing to fear but fear itself."

Over the past five years one of my many quests is to face my fears and overcome them. I came to the realization that fear is a future based thought. If you are afraid, you are afraid of what is going to happen to you, not what is happening to you right now.

Two emotions that I try to banish are fear and guilt. Fear being a future based thought and guilt being a past based thought. They both strip me from the present moment, and therefore weaken my abilities for greatness. When I am not present moment is when accidents occur, I miss opportunities, and spend most of my time hanging out with tension and stress, instead of using my present moment to create and solve.

Intuition only comes when we are being present to the moment. It does not come when I am thinking about yesterday or tomorrow, and guilt and fear can only live in yesterday or tomorrow.

Observe great people, they truly are fearless. They stay present and never get weighed down with could a’s and would a’s . They just do.

Fearless in Salina,

Danna

No comments: