Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Dream Big

Thanksgiving Eve.

Many years growing up I adored this day. The last day of school before the long weekend break, the anticipation of my Grandmothers outstanding cooking. Her famous fried cabbage, creamed carrots from out of the garden, the best homemade rolls period, and OMG the pies, my grandmother could make pies. Pumpkin, apple, mincemeat, or lemon, how could I only pick 2:-).

Food has great memories attached to it. I love a great turkey dinner, the smell as it is cooking, the sandwiches it gives for days after the event. Homemade rolls, miracle whip, salted turkey, and leftovers. Does it get any better than that?

As a young girl food really wasn't my thing, except for one day a year, Turkey Day, I never remember having turkey any other day of the year, I think that is why it was such a anticipated event.

I am so grateful for my maternal grandmother, Grandma Ceil, I never felt more loved by anyone growing up, her love gave incredible flavor to her delicious meals. Grandma thank you for everything, you truly light up this holiday for me.

Today I have to remember and go pick up the pies I ordered , sorry Grandma the legacy is going to die with your daughter my mother, maybe in a few years from now I will, no I won't, I will be doing what I do best and that is not being a chef.

Happy Thanksgiving Eve,

Danna

No comments: