Monday, May 4, 2009

On The Road Again

On the road again for the third week straight in sunny California!

Just left the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, where we toured the central coast of California, searching for the best in food wine and beaches. We certainly accomplished all three with many bonus' along the way.

Some of my favorite beaches, wines, food and outrageous memories include.

Favorite Beach:

Cambria's Moonstone Beach: Great tide pool spot! Sea Otter's cruising the coast line. Sunsets and Moonrise's that will have you standing on your feet shouting BRAVO!!!

Most Shocking Beach Moment:

Avila beach, walking up the coast line by myself, climbing over some rocks to get to a very exclusive spot, watching the waves and sea birds, totally immersed in the moment, totally alone, so I thought, turned around to find a very naked man doing a very naughty thing in public. Needless to say I wasn't as happy to be all alone and secluded back in that spot then. My strides carried me up and out in a hurry.

Favorite Beach Restaurant:

Steamers, next to the Kon Tiki Inn which was my favorite beach front Hotel. Amazing enough the chef's name is Danna, yes spelled with two n's, very rare! Her last named started with a V, my middle name is V, imagine two Danna V's in the world. Of course with that great name she was a outstanding chef.

Favorite Wine:

Scott and I's favorite wine was actually two favorite wines. A reserve Zinfandel from Opolo winery just outside of Paso Robles, and a reserve Syrah from winery Alapay located at Avila Beach.

Favorite Marine Animal Moment:

Watching dolphins jump, play and fish in the wild, right in front of us at Pismo Beach.

Well there is a few of my favorite moments from my week between shows. Oh yes we stayed 3 nights in the wonderfully quaint town of Solvang where the food and pastiers have caused all my jeans to shrink!

We now are in Tulare California where we will set up our Burns Saddlery mobile unit at the BRND California Championships, offering saddles, Lucchese Boots, horse tack and cute clothes for cute barrel racers.

Doing what I love and loving what I do....On the Road Again!!!

Danna

No comments: