Sunday, May 10, 2009

Inspire Me

A Sonnet for My Incomparable Mother
By Johanna Fuchs

I often contemplate my childhood Mom.

I am a mother now, and so I know Hard work is mixed together with the fun;
You learned that when you raised me long ago.

I think of all the things you gave to me: Sacrifice, devotion, love and tears, Your heart, your mind, your energy and soul--All these you spent on me throughout the years.

You loved me with a never-failing love You gave me strength and sweet security, And then you did the hardest thing of all:

You let me separate and set me free.

Every day, I try my best to be A mother like the mom you were to me.



In Tulare California working on another Mothers Day. My Mother taught me great work ethic.(Ha Ha)

All kidding aside, I have an amazing mother. Her strength, common sense and daily love and sacrifice for her family is incredible.

I know it hurt her when I moved this year, we worked, played, and spent everyday together. Despite her desire to have me close, she allowed me to spread my wings and fly to new heights.

Her strength is impeccable, her love is unwavering, and her dedication to her family and business is inspiring.

Thanks Mom, you are unlike anyone I ever met. How fortunate I am to have you as my Mother. You are the wind beneath my wings.

Flying High,

Your Girl,

Wissy

No comments: