Sunday, May 30, 2010

Inspire Me

"When fear appears greet it with the understanding that you can use its energy to turn any situation into a positive desire and a willingness to challenge yourself"

Recognizing fear helps dispel it.

A Course In Miracles, states, "there are only two emotions love or fear". We are either acting out of love or fear.

I ask myself many times a day, is this reaction coming from love or fear.

Love and fear are both feelings and emotions. When we feel happy, joyous, blissful, those feelings resonate with love. If we are angry, sad, or upset we are afraid, afraid someone will not live up to our expectations, afraid someone will hurt us, afraid we will fail, and we feel fearful.

Feel your emotions, feel your body, how does it feel, full of love or full of fear.

The course also states, "all disease is anger taken out on the body." I know first hand of that truth. I feel what happens to my body when I am angry, my heart races, my neck tightens and gets red, muscles tighten and twitch in my jaw and back, I am physically attacking my body with anger.

Our bodies are incredible electronic mass of 50 trillion cells, all with censors and transmitters attached, our thoughts, feelings, and emotions effect the way our cells live and communicate with each other. We should romance each of them by loving and nourishing them with healthy food and thoughts.

I have immersed myself in the study of cell biology, it fascinates me, the more I learn the more I have a willingness to challenge myself to utilize my emotions for my cells sake.

Namaste,

Danna

1 comment:

F. Belt said...

Weight (strength) training should be a component to any weight-loss program. The more muscle you build the more fat you will burn. I read that 1 lb of muscle burns an extra 50 calories, and regular weight training can increase BMR up to 15%. That's a lot. I don't think it means that people shouldn't do cardio. But if you do both you will preserve muscle mass, and burn fat. It's worth noting that cardio burns a lot more calories than weight lifting, but building muscle will help burn even more.