Saturday, May 8, 2010

Rave Reviews and Recipes

House on Fire Ruins, Mule Canyon, Cedar Mesa, Utah

Visiting Red Rock and the Ocean, two of my favorites!!!

Where to start? They say the beginning. Do I begin with the vacation trip to Carmel California that turned into a business trip by finding a perfect location for our third store?


Yes, it looks as if I will be packing my bags to live, work, and enjoy summers in breathtaking Carmel By The Sea!

Living in the magic of life is incredible!!! When you are on purpose, focusing on what you want, people, circumstances, and events miraculously appear. Within minutes of arriving in Carmel I knew we had found the right location for another fun, Burns Cowboy Shop.

Plans are to be opened by the 5th of June, just in time for the US Open held at the spectacular Pebble Beach Golf Course.

Our new shop, located on Ocean Ave is part of the world famous shopping district, Carmel By The Sea! Make sure you stop in and see us when you are in the area.

Next, I just got back from a riding trip with 4 incredible women!!! We rode the Cedar Mesa and Grand Gulch area, located in beautiful southern Utah near Blanding.
Celia Snow got the permits clear back in February as they only allow 8 people into the Gulch at a time. The beauty was beyond words!!!

Celia set up and organized the 6 day camp trip, her skills and abilities astounds me. She has navigational skills that resemble Sacajawea. There is no way I would go and do a trip like that without her guiding the group. She gives all of us confidence. She is a gifted horsewoman with a knack for finding Native American Ruins, cliff dwellings, granaries and wall writings. She is a true Cowgirl/Indian Princess!

Five women all with different careers and lifestyles coming together for the love of riding, re-uniting friendships, and exploring the gifts of nature.

The experience, forever changed my life!!! Thank You Ceila for making it happen, you are AMAZING.

I have "Rave Reviews" for my wonderful riding friends, they are so much fun, they inspire me with their overall skills and abilities. They challenge me to be a better horsewoman, facing fears head on and overcoming all obstacles, both physically, and mentally, insuring a pleasant journey of pure beauty.

The last day we hiked on foot, good thing, most of the animals were tired and sore. We ended up at House on Fire Ruins, Simply Incredible!!! Above is a picture of the light hitting the multi color sandstone overhang, giving the appearance of fire coming out of this amazing ancient ruin. Very impressive!!!

I am truly blessed!

Happy Weekend Trails,

Danna

No comments: