Sunday, August 16, 2009

Inspire Me

If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a past or future event, then you are residing on another planet with a different reality system.
William James


William James, what an incredible mind. I love to read his words of wisdom. This quote is one I fall back on regularly.

For years I would watch the news with anx for all the people who were suffering, I suffered right along with them. I felt in some strange way that was what being compassionate was. I would worry about my problems and even caught myself worrying about other peoples problems. I was resonating towards woe and anx and the world returned to me things to be woeful and anxious about.

I then discovered that the best way to be compassionate and helpful is to chose thoughts that strengthen not weaken. All the worry and feeling bad will not make things change for the better, however looking at situations with an attitude of what can I learn from this and how can I help myself accept that which I cannot change, and use my mind to help others by being a positive light on the world will surely be of more benefit than stressing and fussing.

So many people both past and present have contributed to humanity, I am very grateful to them for they truley Inspire Me!

With much Appreciaiton,

Danna

No comments: