Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rave Reviews and Recipes

My review today comes from the latest book I recently added to my audio book library.

Delivering Happiness
A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose
By Tony Hsieh
I

This is a must read/listen for CEO'S, managers, or anyone involved in business. Hell, I recommend that everyone read/listen to it.

Tony's story of growth both personally and corporately is nothing less than inspiring. Tony has taken a start up company Zappos from a struggling company to a Billion dollar plus per year company in just two short years!

My families business has been around 134 years and if you totalled all the years together we could not come close to those figures:-)!

Tony's "Core Values" and "Company Culture" uniquely strengthens Zappos into one of the leading .com companies in the industry.

I love his passion, enthusiasm, and unwavering quest for the best company in the world by delivering "HAPPINESS"!

I sell some of the same items as Zappos, and have watched their company skyrocket in the past several years. Several meetings I have attended people have mentioned Tony's name and asked me if I have met him., I have not, but look forward to meeting him especially after reading/listening to his book.

I copied Zappos Family Core Values below, you can check out a video on Tony's website, www. deliveringhappinessbook.com.



Zappos Family Core Values

As we grow as a company, it has become more and more important to explicitly define the core values from which we develop our culture, our brand, and our business strategies. These are the ten core values that we live by:

1.Deliver WOW Through Service
2.Embrace and Drive Change
3.Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
4.Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5.Pursue Growth and Learning
6.Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7.Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8.Do More With Less
9.Be Passionate and Determined
10.Be Humble

Burns Saddlery and Burns Cowboy Shop will be making their Core Values, Thanks to Tony.

Happy Trails,

Danna

No comments: