Thursday, July 22, 2010

GROWING OLDER

I sit here in my bed after being up for 20 hours contemplating growing older. In a few hours the calendar will say I am 51 years old. How do you wrap your head around a larger number??? I do it by knowing I have grown through 51 winters, summers, springtime's, and falls.

I have three children, who now have gifted me with 5.5 grandchildren. A mother and in-laws that are incredibly generous and graceful in their growing older.

I have my health, a family business that started way back in 1876 and has grown older with hundreds of team members that have served its needs for over 134 years.

I have grown enough to know I really do not know the answers but that I have a lot of questions.

By growing older I know I do not like to repeat the third grade and look to advance myself and my studies every year.

By growing older I know to appreciate truth and beauty and know that it resides in everything.

By growing older I have learned that I really know very little about anything but I am anxious to discover more.

By growing older I know that life is about relationships , learning of others ways and appreciating them even if you think and feel differently about politics, religion, and God.

By growing older I have learned that everyday holds the ultimate gift, the gift of life, a life of creating and sharing one glorious experience after another.

Happy Growing Older Trails,

Danna

No comments: