Sunday, July 26, 2009

Inspire Me

My latest read is "Happier than God" by Neale Donald Walsh. I have to admit this book has been sitting on my table for several months. I think it was the title that turned me off.

When I buy a book it in a way buys me, I try to feel what I am drawn to, or sometimes I buy a book because of a recommendation, I also have favorite authors that when they release a book, I anticipate it's launch because I enjoy their writing style, and love to read their thoughts.

If you read my blogs, or know me personally you know my favorite subject in reading is Self Development. My motto I picked up from Tony Robins is Constant And Never Ending Improvement, yes, I practice CANEI.

Through this search for excellence I have studied and researched some of the greatest minds ever to hit the planet. I am in awe at how powerful the mind is and I marvel and seek to learn how the great avatars guide their minds into greatness.

Neale Donald Walsh sends me a thought everyday, I have been amazed how helpful, and thought provocative they are, so when I saw his latest book, somewhat out of respect I purchased it.

This week was the beginning of a new era for me, I turned 50! I had some time to read late in the afternoon and I was lead to Neale's new book, for whatever reason it had set and waited just the right amount of time for me.

I study the Law of Attraction and consciously use it everyday, I did not know that this book contained useful information about the subject I had never read before. He makes some very good points about the subject.

Kara D. Lane said in her review.
Neale notes that what is missing from all the current talk about the Law of Attraction (due to the success of The Secret) is God.
He explains that some people have misinterpreted the Law to mean you should put all your faith in yourself - in other words, you don't need God.
All you've got to do is use the power of your thoughts to attract to you whatever you want.
In this book, he explains God's role in the process of personal creation.
He notes that the ability to create your reality is an expression of God.
He says the process really has 3 parts: the first has to do with God, the second has to do with you, and the third with you and God together.
He then expounds on how personal creation really works.
He also indicates that the law of attraction works most effectively and creates greater happiness when you focus first on helping others and then on yourself.
He notes this is true because when you focus on yourself, you limit the amount of energy you send out into the Universe, because there's only one of you. When you focus on others, you multiply the amount of energy you output by the number of others you focus on.
And, since we are all connected, you benefit as well as the people you help.

He concludes the book by providing 17 steps to being truly happy. A few examples are: - Eliminate any thought of separation from God - Decide that you are not your story - Bypass the drama - Drop all expectations

This is a very powerful book that I would recommend to anyone wishing to experience happiness within a spiritual context!

I have truly been inspired by this book and highly recommend it.

Namaste,

Danna

No comments: