Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tipsy Tuesday

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, 'My son, the battle is between 'two wolves' inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.'

'The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.'

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, 'Which wolf wins?'

The old Cherokee simply replied, 'The one you feed.'

Today would have been my fathers 78th birthday.

He was 8th Cherokee, making me 16th .

I am intrigued by Native American Wisdom .

Having some roots in the Cherokee lineage this story has always been one of my favorite.

Native American Wisdom, Great Tip's any Day, Especially this Tuesday!

Happy Birthday Dad.

Thanks for all the great memories.

Fly High!!!!


All My Love,

Wissy

No comments: