Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tipsy Tuesday #5 - Horse tip of another kind

When I decided to have Tuesday be tip day, my intention was to provide horse tips. Here is a story of horse tip of another kind.

A 71-year-old Texas waitress received the "best" tip of her career — a horse.

"All this started about a week and a half ago when I was waiting tables," A.D. Carrol told the Houston Chronicle. ""There were two men drinking coffee and I had to ask them to move to make way for a larger group. One of the men just asked me if I wanted a horse. I said, 'sure.' Two days later he came back with the trainer's phone number and Mailman was mine."

Mailman Express, a 5-year-old ex-race horse, has a weak leg, but can still be ridden and trained to jump. Carrol told the newspaper she used to ride her daughter-in-law's horses about every week, and would be riding Mailman for pleasure. "Over the years I've gotten some pretty big tips," she told the Houston Chronicle. "Once in San Francisco I got $600. And another time I got $500. But this one is the best of all." In addition to Mailman, Carrol has two dogs and 16 cats.

Maybe I should suggest that to my husband Scott to reduce our horse heard, just leave Mollie for a tip.

We could give out about 30 such tips.

Remember you must give to receive,

Danna

No comments: