Sunday, October 3, 2010

Inspire Me

My friend Jacqueline sent me the following quote, which I have been pondering for days, wanted to share it with you.

Great minds discuss ideas:
Average minds discuss events:
Small minds discuss people:


Wow, how true are those three lines??!!!

I think about stages of my life when I thought with a small mind, when the only real thoughts that ran through my head were about people. What they thought about me, what I thought about them, what gossip or information I could share with others. Relationships with family and friends were spent discussing people. Who was getting divorced, who was pregnant, who got hurt, who lost weight, who gained weight, who cheated on who, who got a new car, who got a new house, who lost their job, who won American Idol....etc, etc, etc. Now discussing people includes, texting, facebooking, twitting, etc, etc, etc. There are thousands of ways to use the small minds discussing people. The treadmill of the small mind....using your 60,000 thoughts a day to think about people.

Then there are the times I use my Average Mind;
Who won the game? Did you hear about the hurricane that is to hit the east coast? Remember that great band that played at dinner the other night? Wasn't our trip to Europe incredible.

Great Mind Discussions:
What do you think about opening a shop in beautiful Carmel-by-the-Sea California? We should put together a committee to find funding for the projects. How can we organize that space to get more use out of it? How can I organize my time to better serve my needs as well as my business? We need more training as a team, how should we implement it? I have the best idea! I was thinking last night and I think we can..... I love to work with like minded people and accomplish extra ordinary things.

5 years ago, I said....I smile when I think about where I'll be in 5 years. I am smiling!!!! and excited what the next 5 years will bring.

Inspired about finding ways to use my mind to enjoy this GREAT LIFE!!!

Namaste,

Danna

No comments: