Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tipsy Tuesday

"You can have it all. Just not all at once."
— Oprah Winfrey: Television host, publisher, and book critic


How true!! Looking back at my life I find it to have sections, or stages. I now say, I grew big enough.

I grew big enough to have a shop on Ocean Avenue in Carmel California that I once strolled, feeling like I was in a Tuscan Village.

I grew big enough to move away from my home town of Salina Utah after living there the majority of my life, opening a new shop in a ski town we had skied in thirty years prior and thought, wow what a neat place, wouldn't it be fun to live here?

I grew big enough to venture to Equestrian Centers all across the country with trailers full of product setting up and selling horseman product to all different types of equestrians, hauling 50 foot trailers through unkown cities full of bumper to bumper traffic.

I grew big enough to find funding for a project that would help our business as well as the entire community, the facility would be named the Blackhawk Arena.

I grew big enough to expand a business that was primarily a saddle shop into a full service horseman, fashion, clothing and boot shop.

I grew big enough to marry my high school sweetheart, Scott, move away from the security of my little hometown, and start a family at the young age of nineteen.

I grew big enough to be an active teenager, participating in sports, cheerleader, band, school plays, and student government.

I grew big enough to enter the game of life not knowing what lie ahead but anxious to experience it all.

No, you can't have it all at once, but all of it is worth having!!!

All of my many journeys have been filled with people that believed in me, helped me, discouraged me, embraced me, rejected me, loved me, hated me, and made me who I am today, their influences and support make the journey a journey.

I am so blessed, I truly feel like I have it all!!!

Growing big enough for?????

Danna

No comments: