Sunday, June 29, 2008

Inspire Me #2

When my good friend and riding buddy, M’Recia, forward this to our ladies riding group, I was so inspired I thought what a perfect story for this segment. As the years keep rolling by our group of ladies ages range from their 40’s to 70’s. It is so impressing to witness the skills and abilities of these amazing women. We all come from different areas with a variety of careers, but a common bond of the love of horses and horseback riding bring us together as kindred sisters.

The story linked to below gives us all hope to keep riding and saddling our own horse, Ms. Reeves did until at 101 she saddled her own horse for the last time. I am writing this blog from Ft. Worth Texas. Right next to the cowgirl hall of fame which I visited last year, after reading this I am going to revisit with a new appreciation of the many incredible women that feel the halls of the museum, but with a special fondness for one named Connie Reeves.

I share this inspiring story with the women I find fierce, strong and profound!

SADDLE YOUR OWN HORSE ~ http://www.americancowgirl.com/film.htm

She passed away in 2003 at age 101 after getting thrown from her horse on a trail ride. You can read about it here:http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A05E0DD1239F936A1575BC0A9659C8B63


Love, Laugh, and Ride Often,
(Saddle your own horse)

Danna

No comments: